The Garfield City Council meets each month, typically on the second Tuesday of the month, in the Alderman Terry Warren Room at City Hall to conduct legislative business for the City of Garfield. The minutes from each meeting are prepared by the Recorder-Treasurer and reviewed by the Mayor. Finally, the City Council Meeting Minutes are presented to the City Council for approval at the following monthly meeting.
The minutes from the Garfield City Council Meeting of October 8, 2019, as approved by Mayor Gary Blackburn, are posted below.
Outcomes of the October meeting of the Garfield City Council included the following:
- attendees wore pink to bring attention to October as Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- ESI Engineering estimates on the costs of the City’s Water Storage Tank Project were given
- Mayor Blackburn was authorized to consult Darshan Hamilton on the Water Storage Tank Project
- second reading of a proposed ordinance for CARDS trash service in the City of Garfield (by title)
- second reading of a proposed ordinance for a new water fee schedule (by title)
- passage of Resolution 151 to levy real and personal property taxes to be collected in 2020
- first reading of a proposed ordinance on water meter and container damage
For further details about the October meeting of the Garfield City Council and to see related documents, see the links below.