To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' and visitors most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions

City Hall

When is City Hall open?

City Hall is open from 9am - 3pm daily.

Permits and Forms

What is the process for getting a building permit?

Take a moment to read all required information provided. Then print and fill out the building permit application form and return to city hall.  Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.  We will be happy to help you.

Park Facilities

How do I reserve the park pavilion for a family gathering?

The pavilions are reservable by calling City Hall Monday-Friday 9-3 at 479-359-3652.  

Does the park have a walk trail?

Yes there is a paved walking trail, that circles the entire park.

Are dogs allowed in the park?

Yes, on a leash. Please clean up after them. The City has provided two dog waste stations in the park. 

Is there a basketball court?


Where is the City Park?

It is located on the same property as Garfield City Hall. 

Sanitation & Recycling

What day is trash picked up?

Garbage is picked up every Thursday. Please have your trash out by your curb by 6am.

What is the Trash Holiday Schedule?

Delays and changes in the day trash is picked up, will be posted through our alerts system. Please subscribe today, to stay updated on any changes. 

Is curbside recycling available?

Curbside recycling is not available but there is a drop of location behind Hamilton Park on Hwy 62. You may drop off cardboard, metal cans and bottles made of plastic or glass. 

Water Utilities

How could I have used this much water?

You may not have - the numbers on your meter may have been transposed or hard to read. You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Just call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.

My bill is past due can I get an extension?

Please contact our office.

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

New Resident Resources

How do I sign up to receive Alerts, News & Notices?

Simply click the orange ‘SUBSCRIBE’ button, with the white envelope icon on it, located on each page of this website. You only have to put in your name, preferred contact information and then click submit. 

Where do I go to vote?

All elections are conducted by Benton County, and voting is done at the Garfield NEBCO Community Center.

Watch for election updates