The Garfield City Council meets each month, typically on the second Tuesday of the month, in the Alderman Terry Warren Room at City Hall to conduct legislative business for the City of Garfield. The minutes from each meeting are reviewed by the Mayor before being posted online. Finally, the City Council Meeting Minutes are presented to the City Council for approval at the following monthly meeting.
The minutes from the Garfield City Council Meeting of November 12, 2019, as approved by Mayor Gary Blackburn, are posted below.
Outcomes of the November meeting of the Garfield City Council included the following:
- reporting of the discovery and stoppage of a water leak on the Sugar Creek extension, which caused over 60% water loss in October
- third reading of a proposed ordinance for CARDS trash service in the City of Garfield (by title)
- passage of the proposed ordinance for CARDS trash service as Ordinance 181 (linked below)
- second reading of a proposed ordinance on water meter damage (by title)
- a proposed new water fee schedule was tabled for 3 months
- passage of Resolution 152 to establish a code of conduct for City Council members
- discussion of a sales tax increase to pay for infrastructure or the City Water Storage Tank
- announcement of $250,000 State aide for a street fund project to be applied on North Wimpy Jones Road
For further details about the November meeting of the Garfield City Council and to see related documents, see the links below.