It’s almost time for Fall Cleanup Day in Garfield!
When? Saturday, October 5, 2019; 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Where? Garfield City Shop, 18446 Marshall Street (behind the Short Stop Grill)
Who? Citizens who present a Water bill or a driver’s license
What? See examples of acceptable and unacceptable items below.
How? Assistance will be provided for unloading and depositing items in the provided dumpsters.
Contact Numbers? 479-330-0009; 479-359-3652
Acceptable and Unacceptable Items for the 2019 City of Garfield Fall Cleanup Day
- Construction debris from remodeling–ONLY glass, wood, metal, Sheetrock
- Fence material
- Paint cans with dried up paint and without lids ONLY
- Furniture (e.g., desks, chairs, mattresses, box springs)
- Appliances (e.g., water heaters, washers, dryers; however, no refrigerators)
- Hazardous materials (e.g., paint thinners, solvents, oils, oil filters)
- Paint in liquid form or still damp and pliable
- Automotive items (e.g., oil, oil filters, tires, batteries)
- All refrigerators and all other appliances that still contain refrigerant
- Yard waste (e.g., tree limbs, shrubs, bushes)
These types of acceptable and unacceptable items for disposal have been determined by Mayor Gary Blackburn, in light of the requirements of Waste Management, Inc., the contractor engaged to remove the collected items from the Fall Cleanup Day in Garfield, Arkansas.
A City of Garfield Fall Cleanup Day flyer is linked below.