The Fall Citywide Cleanup Day in Garfield
Garfield citizens gathered up their disposable items and headed to the Garfield City Shop at 18446 Marshall Street on Saturday, November 3, 2018, for the Fall Citywide Cleanup Day.
A list of acceptable and unacceptable items for the cleanup day is shown below. Waste Management, Inc., of Northwest Arkansas provided these criteria for disposable items and removed the items collected on the Fall Citywide Cleanup Day. Assistance was provided by City staff for unloading and depositing items in the provided dumpsters.
Examples of Acceptable and Unacceptable Items for the Fall Citywide Cleanup Day in Garfield
- Construction debris from remodeling (e.g., glass, wood, metal, Sheetrock)
- Paint cans WITHOUT lids and with dried up paint ONLY
- Furniture (e.g., desks, chairs, mattresses, box springs)
- Yard waste (e.g., tree limbs, shrubs, fence material, bushes)
- Appliances (e.g., water heaters, washers, dryers, refrigerators without refrigerant/Freon and tagged as refrigerant-free)
- Hazardous materials (e.g., paint thinners, solvents, oils, oil filters)
- Paint in liquid form or still damp and pliable
- Automotive items (e.g., oil, oil filters, tires, batteries)
- Appliances that still contain refrigerant or are not tagged as refrigerant-free
These types of acceptable and unacceptable items for disposal have been determined by Waste Management, Inc.