The Garfield City Council meets each month, typically on the second Tuesday of the month, in the Alderman Terry Warren Room at City Hall to conduct legislative business for the City of Garfield. The minutes from each meeting are reviewed by the Mayor before being posted online. Finally, the City Council Meeting Minutes are presented to the City Council for approval at the following monthly meeting.
The minutes from the Garfield City Council Meeting of December 10, 2019, as approved by Mayor Gary Blackburn and the Garfield City Council, are posted below.
Outcomes of the December meeting of the Garfield City Council included the following:
- passage of a revised Ordinance 181, as Ordinance 184, concerning a contract between CARDS Trash Service and the City of Garfield
- third reading of a proposed ordinance to set a fee schedule for damaged electronic water meters
- passage of Ordinance 185 to set a fee schedule for damaged electronic water meters
- agreement by the City Council to hire Attorney Michael Bearden as City Attorney for 2020
- passage of Resolution 153 to establish rules of operation and organization for the City Council in 2020
- passage of Resolution 154 in support of the State sales and use tax for roads, highways, and bridges
- passage of Resolution 155 to hire Kirsten Tanksley as the Garfield Code Enforcement Officer
- adoption of the 2020 City Budget
For further details about the December meeting of the Garfield City Council and to see related documents, see the links below.