The Fall Citywide Cleanup Day in Garfield is coming soon!
When? Saturday, November 3, 2018; 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Where? Garfield City Shop, 18446 Marshall Street
Who? Citizens who present a Water bill or other proof of residence within Garfield City limits
What? See the examples below for acceptable and unacceptable items for the cleanup day.
How? Acceptable smaller items must be enclosed in trash bags. Assistance will be provided for unloading and depositing items in the provided dumpsters.
Examples of Acceptable and Unacceptable Items for the Fall Citywide Cleanup Day in Garfield
- Construction debris from remodeling (e.g., glass, wood, metal, Sheetrock)
- Paint cans WITHOUT lids and with dried up paint ONLY
- Furniture (e.g., desks, chairs, mattresses, box springs)
- Yard waste (e.g., tree limbs, shrubs, fence material, bushes)
- Appliances (e.g., water heaters, washers, dryers, refrigerators without refrigerant/Freon and tagged as refrigerant-free)
- Hazardous materials (e.g., paint thinners, solvents, oils, oil filters)
- Paint in liquid form or still damp and pliable
- Automotive items (e.g., oil, oil filters, tires, batteries)
- Appliances that still contain refrigerant or are not tagged as refrigerant-free
These types of acceptable and unacceptable items for disposal have been determined by Waste Management, Inc., who has been contracted to remove the collected items on the Fall Citywide Cleanup Day in Garfield, Arkansas.